Our servers come with one IPv4 address and a /64 of IPv6 addresses. In order to add a Virtual MAC to one of your IPv4 addresses, you would need to log in to the Customer Portal at https://billing.thathost.ca/clientarea.php and follow these steps:
- Click the Services Tab
- Click the Active Button next the service you wish to adjust.
- Scroll Down the page until you see the buttons within the Server Information tab
- Press the Arrow pointing to the right button
- Click the Manage IPs button
- Press the Gear Icon ⚙ next the IP address you wish to adjust.
- If you do not see the IP address you are looking for, it may be associated to a pack of IP addresses you requested as additional. Click the Plus (+) button beside the IP stack to open it up.
- Virtual MAC is not available for IPv6 addresses.
- Click Add a Virtual MAC
- Type a Name for your Virtual MAC
- Select Standard or VMWare. If you are not sure, try using standard first. You can always come back and change it.
- Click the Green Confirm Button
It will take up to 10 minutes for the system to add the Virtual MAC to the IPv4 address.